Terms of Business
In consideration of the freelance voiceover arrangement between the parties and the fees to be paid, and for other good and valuable consideration, the parties now agree as follows:
- Payment in full or the remaining balance is to be paid upon delivery of the completed project.
- Payment in full or the remaining balance is to be paid 30 days from receipt of the final invoice for the completed project. Finance charge of 2% per day on all overdue balances.
- Price (4)
If fixed for estimated period then if 20%+ more than estimate then all excess over estimate at pro rata rate added to price.
Prices are deemed to include travel within a 10 mile radius of Richmond, Surrey, United Kingdom. Travel beyond at a rate of 40p per mile by car or reimbursed standard fares. Overnight accommodation in 3*-4* hotel and meals at cost on presentation of receipts.
REPRODUCTION OF WORK
Copyright in Voice
Artist gives right to Client to use Artists voice recordings only for the principals specified and period specified within worldwide territory. If not otherwise specified only for period of 12 months after final recording and not for any purpose which will bring the artist into ill repute or otherwise detrimental to the Artist’s interests. Licence to use copyright shall not commence until Artist has received contractual payments in full.
- The client assumes full reproduction and distribution rights upon payment for completed project.
- One time reproduction rights for the specified project, at the agreed fee, are granted to the client. Any other usage must be negotiated.
- All reproduction rights on the copyrighted work are retained by the voice talent. The work may not be reproduced in any form without consent from the voice talent.
- The voice talent retains personal rights to use the completed project and any preliminary recordings for the purpose of voiceover competitions, future publications on voiceovers, educational purposes and the marketing of the voice talent’s business. Where applicable the client will be given any necessary credit for usage of the project elements.
- Copyright in Materials
Client warrants has recording permissions and indemnifies Artist against all costs, actions, proceedings or claims.
REJECTION/CANCELLATION OF PROJECT
The client shall not unreasonably withhold acceptance of, or payment for, the project. If, prior to completion of the project, the client observes any nonconformance with the voiceover production schedule, the voice talent must be promptly notified, allowing for
necessary corrections. Rejection of the completed project or cancellation during its execution will result in forfeiture of deposit and the possible billing for all additional labour or expenses to date.
All elements of the project must then be returned to the voice talent. Any usage by the client of those design elements will result in appropriate legal action. Client shall bear all costs, expenses, and reasonable attorney’s fees in any action brought to recover payment under this contract or in which [POSY BREWER] may become a party by reason of this contract.
COMPLETION/DELIVERY OF PROJECT
The estimated completion date the project will be put in writing and completed within that time by the artist, unless agreed by both parties due to unforeseen circumstances. Any shipping or insurance costs will be assumed by the client.
Any alteration or deviation from the above specifications involving extra costs will be executed only upon approval with the client.
Any delay in the completion of the project due to actions or negligence of client, unusual transportation delays, unforeseen illness, or external forces beyond the control of the voice talent, shall entitle the voice talent to extend the completion/delivery date, upon notifying the client, by the time equivalent to the period of such delay.
The Artist will perform to the best of her ability and shall comply with all reasonable instructions from the client.
These terms shall override any other terms unless otherwise agreed in writing and signed by both parties.
Artist will not use any such materials, for any other period unless for marketing purposes or with permission of the Client or owner of copyright.
If terms are silent on any matter in dispute, terms of Equity will apply, failing which Common Law will apply.
AGREEMENT TO TERMS